Having your dangerous goods out in the open would mean exposing your employees and the general public to them which can be very unhealthy. But you can avoid problems from occurring or putting their lives in danger by having a dangerous goods storage cabinet in place.
Proper storing of these goods is very important to prevent fire and health issues. Also, if you are worried about compliance audit, what you can do is to store any risk-causing items in their proper places.
Flammable Storage cabinets
A flammable storage cabinet is a sure way to eliminate the issues above. This provides a time-saving, safe, secure, and close-by way of storing different types of dangerous goods such as toxic and hazardous chemicals. Doing this will help every business or homeowner to maintain their housekeeping routines in an excellent way.
Listed below are some of the advantages and best features of a dangerous goods storage cabinet.
- It offers a safe way of containing chemicals, thus reducing pollution in the environment and risk of fire. With this, facilities and personnel who are handling chemicals are properly protected.
- It is an effective way of identifying, organizing, and segregating dangerous fluids.
- It helps improve efficiency in a workplace by allowing different products like solvents to be kept where they should be.
- It helps improve security as it often comes with a keyed mechanism. This means that only those who are authorized can access the cabinet and what is stored in it.
There are different types of storage cabinets available in the market that you can choose from. Each of them come with different features and below are some of the most common ones.
- Double wall steel-made
- Wide-ranging welded construction
- Top-quality electrostatic high-gloss powder coat finish
- Three-point locking mechanism
- Dual vents with in-built flash arrestors
- Modifiable leveling mechanism
As the cabinets are available in different sizes, it is always possible to find one that meets a specific storage requirement.
Compliance to Safety standards
The storage cabinets that can be found in the market are fireproof and have been tested for different sorts of fire eventuality. This means that the cabinets are compliant to fire safety ratings and regulations.
Storage Cabinet Make Up
The cabinets are often made of varied materials in order to suit the different storage requirements. For example, a cabinet for corrosive liquid is made from polyethylene. This material is capable of preventing hinges and door handles from corroding as a result of highly corrosive vapors such as phenol nitric acid, sulphuric acid, etc.
Having the right storage cabinet in the area is very important and this is something that should never be taken for granted, or else, accidents and unnecessary expenses as a result of the accident will happen.